Monday, August 31, 2009

Zesty Tomato Bruschetta

I love a nice crispy piece of french bread covered in a tangy tomato bruschetta. I learned to make this years ago from my Mother but I have changed the recipe recently because of some great bruschetta I got at BJ’s Restaurant.

For the tomatoes, I use whatever looks the best at the grocery store that week. It’s usually a roma or vine tomato, I find the beefsteak tomatoes to be a big bland for this recipe. I don’t use canned because it can make the bruschetta soggy.

Photobucket

I start out with cutting two tomatoes into quarters and squeezing out the seeds into the kitchen sink. I will then chop them into small pieces and set them aside in a bowl

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will then finely chop three garlic cloves and add them to the bowl with the chopped tomatoes

Photobucket

Then, chop about 2 tbsp fresh basil and add it to the bowl

Photobucket

Add 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (the good stuff) then add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar

Photobucket

Gently stir the mixture until all ingredients are combined

Photobucket

Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment