Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

IMG_3438

I have been enjoying this cake for Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. It's one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. My Mom used to make it and now the task usually falls to me. This is a rich, creamy bundt cake full of mini chocolate chips. It's perfect by itself or with some vanilla ice cream, yum! Making this cake is surprisingly simple but result is a cake that looks like it took a lot of time to make. Using a bundt pan makes the edge really pretty and the glaze is a perfect amount of sweetness to make this cake perfect.

I have no idea where the original recipe came from, I can now make this cake from memory, it's that easy!

Ingredients:

Cake
1 box vanilla or white cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 bag chocolate mini morsels

Glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
½ tsp vegetable oil
1-3 tsp milk (enough to make it smooth)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F

2. Mix first 5 ingredients together with a hand mixer

3. When smooth and well mixed, stir in bag of mini morsels.

4. Pour batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes

5. To make glaze, mix together confectioner sugar, oil and milk. Add more milk if necessary until the glaze is smooth and thin enough to pour.

6. Drizzle glaze over fully cooled cake and let set.

No comments:

Post a Comment