Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Traditional Pecan Pie

IMG_3443

This year we had the pleasure of having my husband's family down for Thanksgiving. My Sister-in-Law got married the Sunday before Thanksgiving so we had a wonderful week with the whole family in town. My Mom decided to host the dinner because her house had more room than mine, so I brought a lot of dishes over to pitch in for the big Thanksgiving dinner.

I decided to try a traditional Pecan Pie recipe for one of the desserts. I used frozen pie crust and only a few ingredients to make this pie. It came out wonderful, gooey in the middle and caramelized on top. I will definitely be making this again!

Traditional Pecan Pie Recipe from RecipeZaar

Ingredients:

3 Eggs
1 Cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Pecan Halves (I like them roughly chopped)
2/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 Frozen Pie Crust

Directions:

1. Preheat Oven to 350 F
2. Beat eggs lightly with a mixer until fully combined
3. Stir in corn syrup, butter, suger, and vanilla extract
4. Stir in Pecan halves
5. Pour into frozen pie crust

Tip: Cover edges of pie crust with aluminum foil for the first 25 minutes of cooking to avoid burning the crust

6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out clean

Let cool for at least 10 minutes and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment