Saturday, October 17, 2009

Easy Weeknight Paella

Photobucket


I have been wanting to make paella for a long time but the usual recipes call for a lot of work and expensive ingredients. I saw this recipe for weeknight paella and thought I’d give it a try. I am so glad I did! This was a huge hit with my husband and my toddler gobbled it up too. I altered the recipe by using chicken instead of shrimp since my husband is allergic them. I also added some white wine to the preparation (optional) and I cooked the meats before I added the rice.


Ingredients:


2/3 cups yellow rice (Goya)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 breasts chicken, cut in chunks
1/2 pound chorizo, sliced

½ cup white wine
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup frozen peas


Directions:



1. Cook the chorizo and brown the chicken on medium heat in a large skillet. Remove meats to a separate plate and slice chorizo.


2. Heat olive oil in the large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add shallot and garlic and continue to saute until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.


2. Add rice and cook until it begins to toast, about 1-2 minutes.


Photobucket

4. Add white wine and scrape the bottom of the skillet (optional)


5. Add broth. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 18 minutes.


Photobucket

6. Remove lid, add parsley and peas and cook until heated through. Continue cooking uncovered until all liquid is absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment