Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Potato Crusted Whitefish

Photobucket

I love when I try a new recipe, not expecting too much, and it comes out really really good. This turned out to be really tasty! I was a little wary of using instant mashed potatoes as a breading, but the garlic potato mix I used was really tangy and the cayenne pepper adds a little spice without being overly hot. I made the fish with hot buttered noodles and steamed edamame, but I will probably make a sauce or a fruit salsa to go with the fish next time. I will most definitely be making this dish again.

Ingredients:
4 firm whitefish fillets (Cod, Mahi, Bass)
1 Cup Instant Mashed Potato Mix (I used garlic mashed potato mix)
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp Olive Oil

Directions:
1.Dredge fish fillets in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.

2.Coat fish with beaten egg

3.Combine mashed potato mix with cayenne pepper and some additional salt and pepper. Dredge fish in potato mixture.

4.Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.

5.Cook fish in olive oil for 3-4 minutes per side until the outside is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment