Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup




This recipe is a copycat version of the Chicken and Gnocchi soup at Olive Garden. I had that soup for the first time last week while at lunch with my friend Tiffany and I knew I had to find the recipe. This did taste a lot like the restaurant version, it was a big hit with the boys so I will definitely be making it again. I followed the recipe I found, which called for heavy cream, but I will make it with whole milk next time to reduce the fat content.

I meant to make homemade focaccia bread with the soup but I didn't have time, but I will make it next time. I think bread would go really well with this soup, but it was fine on it's own. I also had a glass of Bogle Chardonnay, it was a great dinner.

Ingredients
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 cups heavy cream (or whole milk, for lower fat)
4 cups chicken broth
2 carrots, shredded
1/2 vidalia onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
16 oz package potato gnocchi

Directions

1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and saute carrots, onion, and garlic until soft and translucent.

2. Add chicken stock, thyme, salt and pepper, cream, and chicken and bring to a boil.

3. Add gnocchi and boil for 4 minutes

4. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes

5. Add spinach and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment