Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chorizo, potato, and cheese Frittata

Photobucket

I have been trying to make breakfast more often lately since I now have two very hungry men to feed in the morning (one happens to be 3 feet tall, but has the appetite of a lumberjack). Both of them like eggs, but I really don’t. I’ve tried omelets, fried eggs, and scrambled and I just don’t enjoy them. I have seen people on the food network make frittatas and they were described as light and fluffy so I thought, why not?

I basically winged this one, I had a potato on hand, some chorizo, cheese, and eggs. I thought that sounded like a good combo. This came out fantastic!! It was so much better than I was expecting. I loved it and so did the boys. I will definitely be making this in the future.

Ingredients
1 large russet potato
5 eggs
2 tbsp milk
½ lb chorizo sausage (or any sausage really)
Cheese, for topping
Salt
Pepper

Directions

1.Preheat the oven to 400 F

2.Dice the potato and boil pieces until they are fork tender (not too soft). Drain the potatoes.

3.Meanwhile, cook the chorizo on medium heat in an oven-safe skillet and then scoop and set aside to drain on a paper towel.

4.Cook the potatoes in the skillet using the grease from the chorizo. Cook until crispy.

5.Return the chorizo to the skillet with the potatoes.

6.Beat the eggs with the milk and the salt and pepper.

7.Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo and potatoes and let the eggs “set” for 2-3 minutes.

8.Sprinkle the top of the egg with cheese and place the skillet in the oven.

9.Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, the frittata will be light and fluffy and the cheese will be bubbly.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment