Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pizza Night!

After several take-out pizza experiences that ended in stomachaches and indigestion for my husband and I, I decided to start making our pizza instead. We usually do pizza night on Thursdays, so to save time I get a frozen, pre-made pizza dough from the grocery store and thaw it out while I’m at work. My husband prefers calzones, so I break up the dough into four parts and make him two calzones and I make two small pizzas for my son and I.

My pizza-making is still a work in progress, I change up the toppings, the pan that I use, and the heat/time that I cook the pizza. I would like to get a pizza stone soon so I can try that out, but right now I use a nonstick pan.

I assemble the pizza and calzones by rolling out the dough and shaping them. Then I fill the calzones and fold them over, I use a fork to close them up. For the pizza, I just roll out the dough and shape them into an oval. I spray the calzones with olive oil and top them with a little bit of Italian seasoning. I cook them at 425 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until the crust is crispy. YUM!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment