Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork

This is a great weeknight dinner because I can stick the pork roast in the crockpot first thing in the morning and by the time I get home from work it’s nearly ready to serve. I don’t usually have a chance to brown the meat before I put it in the crockpot, but I found that it comes out fine without that step. I use a pork shoulder so I like to remove the fat and bone from the pot before I add the BBQ sauce. I usually serve this with Oven baked fries or baked chips.

Photobucket

•2-3 lb pork shoulder roast
•½ cup cider vinegar
•2 cloves garlic
•1 cup BBQ sauce
•Bread for sandwiches

1.Put pork roast, garlic cloves, and cider vinegar in crockpot and set to LOW for 8-10 hours.

2.Drain the pork in a colander and remove bones and excess fats from the pork.

3.Pull the cooked pork and return it to the crock pot.

4.Set the crockpot to high and add 1 cup BBQ sauce, mix well with the pulled pork.

5.Cook the pork with the sauce on high for 15 minutes or up to one hour, mixing the meat often.

6.Serve on buns for sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment